The ongoing digitization is of enormous importance for the society, economy and state in Germany and Europe. One important requirement for its success is the information security in the coming years. This has become particularly clear in the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in which many companies, universities and public institutions are facing new challenges with regard to cybersecurity.
G DATA is a company that develops anti-virus software and offers protection services for companies. It has a vast knowledge on prevention and detection of cyber risks as well as appropriate reactions to them. In this seminar, we want to get an overview, what are current threats to our society and how well companies and individual users are prepared against Cybercrime.
On the other hand, in the case of cyber attacks from abroad, the foreign intelligence service of Germany (Bundesnachrichtendienst, BND) is the institution that has the authority and technical possibilities to strategically record international data traffic. In this seminar, we we want to get an overview of cybersecurity in the context of sabotage, espionage and protection of critical infrastructure.
The webinar will be held in German.
Agenda (11 December 2020):
- 15.15 – 15.30: Welcome and Introduction
- 15.30 – 16.15: Talk 1 [BND]
- 16.15 – 16.45: Q/A and Discussion w/ Speaker 1
- 16.45 – 17.00: Discussion among participants (small groups)
- 17.15 – 18.00: Talk 2 [GDATA]
- 18.00 – 18.30: Q/A and Discussion w/ Speaker 2
- 18.30 – 18.45: Discussion among participants (small groups)
- 18.45: Closing Remarks and Networking among participants
Contact: Johannes Knaute: firstname.lastname@example.org